Shipping & Store Pickup
How are the shipping charges calculated?
We strive to provide the fastest and most cost effective service and highest percentage of packages arriving safely and undamaged.
At Soap & More, we have developed a sophisticated software program that calculates the shipping costs of your order. Actual shipping charges are derived using a DHL , Canada Post, Capar and Fedex shipping matrix that factors actual weight of your order and shipping destination.
We then apply our heavily discounted volume rate that we contract annually with our shipping partners. The savings are passed on directly to you, and we do not charge any additional handling fees. These charges are calculated and communiciated to you once your order is received.
Shipping quotes can be obtained by going through the shopping cart and inputting your order. No funds are required until you agree to the shipping quote
Rush shipping is suspended until further notice.This means your order is moved to the front of the queue.Keep in mind that there is no shipping on weekends and Monday's
Customer who uses their own shipping company is responsible for:
- booking the pick up (orders will only be released once full payment is made)
- as well as supplying the required documents that are needed to be affixed to the order (shipping labels, Bills of lading).
- and for freight deliveries, we will need to note the truck will require a tailgate as our loading dock is on the ground floor.
Should damages occur during shipment, we will not be held liable. The customer is responsible for claiming from the third-party shipper. We are closed on Monday so pickups are not available. Give us a call if more information is desired.
403 217 2346
We are pleased to offer FREE FAST SHIPPING on orders of $130.00 CAD (pre-tax) or more, anywhere in Canada.
If you have items on your order that are not eligible for free shipping and you select free shipping, a shipping invoice will be sent when your order is packed and ready to be shipped. Your order will ship when the invoice is paid.
Exceptions are as follows: wholesale sizes of many powders and salts (ranging from 3KG to all 25KG sizes, see individual product for details), 18kg boxes of coconut and palm, various melt & pour sizes, some 4L and all 20 liter & drum size liquid ingredients, glass packaging and full box packaging are excluded from free shipping.
There may also be exceptions made when the shipping costs are excessively high. This will be on a per order basis where shipping exceeds the averages for that location.
We are closed on Sundays & Mondays. (except during the holiday season where our hours increase in order to meet product demand, see holiday closure dor dates)
Should your order be less than $130. before GST, regular shipping rates apply. Local customers are welcome to drop by our store during our store hours.
Kindly ensure your order is ready prior to pick up. You will receive an email confirming completion. Orders are processed in the order that they are received. Large orders take time to pick and we encourage you to order online. Not only will you not have to wait but this allows us to ensure the highest accuracy of your order.
We get asked why our store hours are not longer. Our staff is busy filling online orders which benefits the walk-in business as well as all our customers around the globe with faster turnaround times.
We strive to provide same-day shipping and pickup of orders at no additional cost to you. This is our goal and we are happy to offer this service. (Remember we are closed on Sundays and Mondays and Canada Post does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.) Due to the high volume of pickup orders processed and space limitations, we request that customers place a note in the comments section of their order with the date that they would like to pick up so we can ensure it will be ready for that time and it does not sit on our pickup shelves for longer than required. Customers will be notified by email as soon as the order is ready. If you have any questions regarding the status of your pickup order please call 403-217-2346 prior to coming to the store. If you have any questions about stock availability or special requests please email us and we will be happy to assist you in meeting your needs.
- Orders shipping to Canadian or US addresses will be shipped from our Calgary, Alberta warehouse.
- Canada Post does ship to PO Boxes however
- The customer is responsible for contacting the Canada Post if any issues arise during transit (ie, a package is lost, transit time is longer than expected, etc.)
- Canada Post shipments are sent via Canada Post Expedited. Canada Post Expedited shipping provides us with a tracking number. We can not ship packages without a tracking number. Please do not ask us to ship your package via Canada Post regular mail as this option does not provide us with a tracking number. Canada Post Expedited does NOT include RUSH PROCESSING.
Orders placed on our site will be processed in the order it was received, provided all items are in stock. Please understand that changes to an order WILL add additional processing time to that order.
- Shipments leave our warehouse at 4:00 p.m. MST. An email will automatically be sent by Canada Post with tracking info.
- Orders placed on our site will be processed in the order it was received, Tuesday through Friday (excluding holidays) throughout the year. Choosing an Expedited or Priority shipping method may reduce the amount of time your order spends in transit, but will not reduce the time it takes for us to package your order for shipment. Our aim is to ship the same day after all funds have been received.
In all cases we pass on our discounted rates to you, our customer. Please note that the shipping cost on your order is calculated directly by Canada Post using the annual negotiated discounted rates. After we receive your order the shipping cost is calculated manually based on the weight and dimensions of the box (boxes)
1. Soap & More takes no responsibility for any loss, damages, or delay that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification, we ship products without insurance.
2. By default, we do not require orders to be signed for upon delivery. This service is optional and we must be advised in the customer notes section. If signature upon delivery is not requested and the tracking information shows that the parcel was delivered to the correct address, we accept no liability for the missing parcel and will not reship the order. Please note: some packages automatically require a signature when exceeding a certain product total. There may be no option to opt-out of signing on larger orders.
3. Additional Charges:
4. Alternative shipping methods are available on request, however, we take no responsibility for shipping that is arranged by our customers. This includes the following:
* Customers using their own shipping account
* Customers using their own courier
* Customers arranging for a third party to facilitate shipping.
a. Please note that in all instances where payment is required, a copy of the invoice will be forwarded with the receipt for payment.
c. Soap & More takes no responsibility for any loss, damages, or delay that may occur. Similarly, we must be notified should additional insurance be required. Without notification, we ship products without insurance.
Our goal is to use clean recycled packaging. If this is not your wish kindly make a note in customer notes. Customers can also bring in essential oil and carrier oil bottles for a refill and receive a bottle credit Refills are only for the same size product. Soap & More uses Oxo-degradable and fully bio-degradable shopping bags.
If an item in your order is out of stock at the time of packaging, your order will be shipped minus the out of stock item and a refund will be issued. Orders paid by E-mail Money Transfer or Paypal will receive an account credit for out of stock items in lieu of a refund unless you request a refund.
Bulk Shipping Items
On all large bulk items - pails of vegetable oils, boxes/drums of butter, sacks of salt, clays etc. - these heavy items will be packed separately and shipping costs will be calculated accordingly.
Incorrect Addresses, Non-deliverable, or Refused Shipments
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the mailing address is correct. Soap & More is not responsible for your error. The additional shipping charges are the customer’s responsibility.
2. Packages returned to Soap & More marked ‘Returned’, ‘Unclaimed’, or ‘Invalid Address’ will be credited back to the customer, less a 20% restocking fee and all shipping charges, including any additional return shipping charges assessed by the courier.
1. Store Pick up orders are welcome, however, please allow a minimum of 1 day for processing unless ordered when we are closed. You will receive an email when your order is ready to be picked up showing order complete. Please wait until you receive this email before attempting to collect your order. If you require your order to be ready for pick up sooner than our current processing time, please add Rush Processing.
Pick up location: 3830 - 7th St SE Calgary, AB Canada
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON BOTANICAL SHIPMENTS: Due to import regulations, the Government of Korea, Japan, and New Zealand will not allow botanical items (seeds, flower parts, or any organic, plant substances) to be imported without special documentation outside the scope of what Soap & More can do. We apologize for the inconvenience to our overseas customers and hope that other countries do not begin banning botanical imports. We will keep a list here of countries that can not import botanicals.
We no longer ship to Italy or Greece or Russia. Unfortunately, Italy has import laws that do not allow cosmetics or soapmaking supplies into the country. While Greece requires special paperwork from Health Canada and inspections that are beyond our international shipping abilities. If you choose to place an order and have it shipped to Italy or Greece, Soap & More will not be able to refund you for shipping charges or the product if it is confiscated.
We are unable to mark your international parcel as a "gift", as doing so would be in violation of the law.