Geogard ECT is a unique, patent-pending combination of benzyl alcohol, salicylic acid, glycerin and sorbic acid, which are well accepted in a wide range of personal care products. The novel composition of this antimicrobial blend offers a low cost in use as well as broad-spectrum protection in a diverse range of products against Gram-positive & Gram-negative bacteria, yeast and molds at wide pH ranges. Geogard ECT has a wide range of global regulatory acceptance for personal care products. Also referred to as Preservative Eco.
Meets the COSMOS and ECOCERT standards. It also has a low odor profile making it the ideal choice for fragrance-free and fragrance-sensitive systems.
- Broad spectrum activity on bacteria, yeast and molds
- Has a wide range of global regulatory acceptance
- Water-soluble (can be problematic in toner products)
- Low odor and color
- Wide pH compatibility: (pH 3 – 8)
- All of the ingredients are approved for use in the US, Europe* and Japan† at the recommended use level (0.6-1.0%)
INCI Name: Benzyl Alcohol & Salicylic Acid & Glycerin & Sorbic Acid
Recommended Use Level: 0.6–1.0%
- Specific Gravity: 1.018 - 1.118 @ 25°C
- Appearance: Clear, colorless to straw liquid
- For emulsified systems, Geogard ECT preservative can be easily integrated post-emulsification at temperatures BELOW 45°C
- We recommend that you test all new or altered formulations to guarantee proper preservation.