Also known as foam booster. AOS-40 is a pale yellow 40% aqueous solution of sodium C14-16 alpha-olefin sulfonate. AOS-40 combines the advantages of high foaming power, good emulsification, mildness to the skin, and excellent lime soap dispersion to give the formulator maximum flexibility in the preparation of light and heavy-duty cleaners. It is also suitable for use in acidic formulations such as those containing alpha hydroxyl acids or salicylic acid. AOS-40 is perfect for sulfate-free personal care and detergent products.
It has the ability to transform any ordinary liquid soap into a luscious bubble bath or shower gel! It's an ideal surfactant for a variety of detergent and personal care applications including hand soaps, shampoos, and bath products. It offers the formulator excellent viscosity and foaming characteristics, as well as mildness. Foam Booster offers superior stability over alcohol sulfates over a broad pH range.
1% to 2% fragrance/essential oil without the need of a solubilizer.
- Economical and high-performing sulfate-free,
- biodegradable shampoos
- Hand soaps and shower gels
- Car washing compounds
- Light-duty liquid detergents
- Heavy-duty laundry detergents
- Shampoo bars
- Excellent cost/performance characteristics and foam properties
- Improved mildness over lauryl sulfates
- Excellent viscosity and foam characteristics
- More stable than alcohol sulfates over a broad pH range
- Fully compatible with other anionic, amphoteric and nonionic surfactants
Suggested Usage Rate: 4-30% of your entire formulation.
INCI NAME Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
LISTINGS USA (TSCA); EU (REACH); Canada (DSL); Australia (AICS); Philippines (PICCS);
ASIA-PAC; New Zealand (NZIoC); Korea (ECL); China (IECSC)
APPEARANCE: Clear Liquid: Pale Yellow to Light Amber
pH, 10% Aqueous 6.0
Active, % - 39.0